Good for your skin, good for the environment!
- 1/8 c. apple cider vinegar
- 1/8 c. rubbing alcohol or (yes, I’m going there) vodka
- 1/8 c. distilled water
- 25 drops eucalyptus essential oil (1/4 tsp.)
- 25 drops citronella essential oil (1/4 tsp.)
- 50 drops peppermint essential oil (1/2 tsp.)
- Smallish spray bottle ( I bought mine at Community for $2.69 and it holds a double batch)
Not a lot of directions here. I put mine into a large glass measuring cup first so that it is easy to pour. Pour everything in your spray bottle and shake well. Shake well, again, before spritzing. This doesn’t need to be refrigerated, though it may feel good if you do. It should keep well for several months in a cool, dark place.
Notes:This isn’t just for kids. Go ahead. You can use it, too. But this is VERY IMPORTANT: Eucalyptus oil, in particular, should not be swallowed. It’s known, in high quantities (and it would take quite a bit to cause major issues) to cause toxicity. If you get some, keep it out of the reach of your children.
Lastly, peppermint oil is known to be very effective against mosquitoes and other winged critters. As a bonus, kids love the smell – and it offers a distinct cooling sensation, perfect for hot, sweaty weather.